37 In Green Chef News

We’re First to Be Certified Gluten-Free!

Green Chef is proud to announce that we are now the first meal kit company to receive Gluten-Free Certification through the Gluten Intolerance Group’s Gluten-Free Food Service program, with three certified gluten-free menus (Paleo, Keto, and Gluten-Free).

What does this mean for you? Delicious gluten-free meals with a generous helping of peace of mind.

Why Gluten-Free Certification Matters

We’re passionate about creating premium options for underserved communities in the food landscape, and the gluten-free community is in good company with Green Chef.

As many as 1% of Americans suffer from celiac disease, and upwards of 10% are considered gluten-sensitive. Many of you know that dining out can be a veritable gluten minefield. Many restaurants do not control for gluten cross-contamination, and even grocery items that claim to be gluten-free may not be certified.

You can trust Green Chef to provide truly gluten-free solutions.

How We Did It

We’ve partnered with the Gluten Intolerance Group to uphold rigorous standards that control for gluten throughout every step of sourcing and manufacturing our food. Together, we’re raising the bar on food safety and customer confidence.

Gluten-free certification is yet another “first” for Green Chef as we continue to blaze a trail in today’s food space. We were the first national meal kit company to be USDA certified organic and the first to launch specialty vegan, keto, and paleo options. Speaking of delicious food…

What We Offer Gluten-Free Foodies

Green Chef is the only leading meal kit company to deliver three certified gluten-free meal plans. Yes, three!

Gluten-Free ($13.49/serving)

Flavor always comes first with our classic line. These meals are specially designed to be gluten-free, from recipe development to preparation and packaging. Enjoy meat, seafood, and vegetarian dishes like Thyme-Roasted Chicken with Braised Apple, Broccoli, and Red Beet Slaw.

Keto ($14.99/serving)

Are you following a ketogenic diet or limiting carbs? These satisfying meals designed for low-carb lifestyles will wow you with flavor. Keto dinners include red meat, poultry, and seafood dishes like Sesame Tuna Chard Wraps with Pickled Cucumber and Cauliflower Rice.

Paleo ($14.99/serving)

Eat like our primitive ancestors with a plan that’s packed with protein and fiber, light on sugar, and always dairy-free. Paleo dinners have meat and seafood dishes like Worcestershire Steak, topped with Mushrooms and Onions, with Celery Root “Frites” and Mustard Aioli.

For one week only, we’re offering our first 500 new customers $50 OFF their first box of Keto, Paleo, or Gluten-Free meals. Don’t miss this limited-time deal—order today!

See how Emily and Adam are enjoying their gluten freedom with Green Chef, and you can too!

For more information about gluten-free certification, read our online FAQ.

You Might Also Like

37 Comments

Connie Griffith
    November 25, 2017 at 6:28 pm

I see you still can not supply a gluten free/ vegetarian meals. When you can let me know and I will come back.

Madison Sloan
      November 27, 2017 at 9:08 am

Hi Connie, we are always working to expand our offerings. If we ever offer a gluten-free and vegetarian plan, we will let you know!

Debra Miloscia
        January 8, 2018 at 12:10 pm

I would also be very interested in a gluten free/vegetarian meal plan. Please consider adding!

Madison
          January 8, 2018 at 1:10 pm

We will pass along your feedback! Thank you for your suggestion.

• Shane
            January 20, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Gluten free and vegetarian options would earn my business.

• Madison
            January 23, 2018 at 12:04 pm

We will pass along your feedback!

Emily
        June 12, 2018 at 7:41 pm

Pleeeeeeaaasse add a GF + Plant Based option!!!! I will sign up the minute you do.

Janet
    November 30, 2017 at 2:50 pm

I have an allergy to corn (all corn products as well as any products containing corn products) and wonder if you can accomodate this issue. I really need everything to be plain and natural.

Madison Sloan
      December 1, 2017 at 9:20 am

Hi Janet, we currently do not have just a corn-free meal plan, but if we ever do we will let you know! However, our Paleo and Keto meals do not include any corn and/or corn products.

Tallulah
        December 10, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Wouldn’t keto meal plans be corn free?

Madison
          December 11, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Our Keto and Paleo meals are both corn free!

Tallulah
    December 10, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Wouldn’t keto meal plans be corn free? Or is it guaranteed corn free that you’re not able to do?

Madison
      December 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Our Keto and Paleo plans are both grain free. Neither features corn and/or corn products!

Lisa
    December 18, 2017 at 5:54 am

You guys are the best tasting in the business hands down (and I’ve tried different ones) but unfortunately you do not have a vegetarian gluten free & I have to be on gluten free and do not want to eat dead animals….I’m going to have to go, but will come back for the gluten free vegetarian or vegan when you get it….hope to see it really soon….love your food. Whoever creates your meals….BRAVO…But I got to get off the gluten

Madison
      December 18, 2017 at 8:17 am

We will let you know if this ever becomes an option, Lisa!

Jen
    January 2, 2018 at 10:11 am

I have a shell fish allergy how can I let the box preparers know about this. I hate to pay for a meal which includes one dinner I will not be eating.

Madison
      January 4, 2018 at 11:48 am

Hello Jen, on our Omnivore and Carnivore plans you can select the proteins you wish to receive. In your account choose “Your Plan” then click “Edit Plan.” From there you can uncheck the shellfish box and avoid any unwanted proteins!

Angie
        February 24, 2018 at 7:17 am

Can you edit the keto plan also? I have a fish and shell fish allergy and would try the plan on if I could make sure to not get either.

Madison
          February 26, 2018 at 8:47 am

Hi Angie, at the moment we do not have a way for you to opt out of specific proteins on our Keto plan. This feature is only available on our omnivore and carnivore plans! We are always looking to expand our service, and if this feature becomes available we will let you know.

• Christine Tessereau
            June 8, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Same here. My son does not like fish or seafood so it would be nice to try out your Keto plan if this was available.
            Christine

• Madison
            June 12, 2018 at 1:14 pm

Hi Christine,

At the moment we do not have an option to opt out of certain proteins on the Keto plan. If we ever introduce this, we will let you know!

Kelli Rodriguez
    January 2, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Do you not currently deliver to Louisiana? If not, when will you? You were highly recommended and I am starting a new journey with my health so I would really really like to find a way to receive your meals.

Madison
      January 4, 2018 at 11:51 am

Hi Kelli, send us an email at help@greenchef.com, and we can see what we can do for you. There are still some areas that we cannot deliver to, but we are always looking to expand our delivery area!

Nicole
    January 23, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Please start offering Gift Cards! Surely there is a way. Otherwise it’s tricky to give this as a gift. Will only create more business!

Stacy Sullivan
    February 7, 2018 at 8:39 am

Hello! I am very interested in your program but we also have a peanut allergy. Can you accommodate that? Thank you

erin
    February 17, 2018 at 9:21 am

Vegan option is needed, no dairy , no animal products.

Kim Torre-Tasso
    February 25, 2018 at 6:27 am

Hi, super interested in these gluten free meals–I have an egg allergy too is there any way that eggs would be used that I wouldn’t be able to just “leave them out”? I’m hoping if an egg is necessary for anything, I just don’t have to use it or can substitute my egg-substitutes at home. I guess I’m asking would egg be put on anything ahead of time?

Katy
    March 20, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Will you be getting a Gluten Free + Diary Free combination in the future?

Madison
      March 20, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Hi Katy, our Keto and Paleo plan are both dairy and gluten-free! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sue Rose
        April 7, 2018 at 8:03 am

Yahoo! I’m sold. My doctor is prescribing gluten free and dairy free and it has been so hard to find this. Thank you!!!!!

Wendy
    April 10, 2018 at 8:09 am

I am trying to order and have gotten to the shipping part, filled out the information and hit continue but nothing happens.

Madison
      April 10, 2018 at 10:04 am

Hi Wendy, please email us at help@greenchef.com so we can look into the issue for you!

KATHy MCGRATh
    April 13, 2018 at 9:33 am

Needing a keto plan I can choose protein on—no seafood! Let me know when you all get around to that, please.

Donna
    April 15, 2018 at 10:40 am

Is there an option to order for just one person?

Debbie Gillingham
    April 27, 2018 at 4:03 pm

I guess you don’t deliver to Wisconsin yet! I’m very interested as you’re the only one out there offering Keto. Hope you make it here soon!

Linda
    May 3, 2018 at 10:51 am

I’d love to try your Gluten-free plan, but I also can’t eat Chicken, White Potatoes or Green Peppers.
    Is there a way to modify what I order to be sure these aren’t included in the meals you send?